09 October 2007

Random update, 2

From my extensive and detailed observations, the following are true of my son:

-He is already a Yankees fan. When, only minutes after finishing the delivery, Dr. Scian joked that his first few screams sounded like a declaration of other not-even-to-be-spoken-here baseball loyalties, Jen quipped "Send him back!" (I knew there were so many other good reasons I married her that I couldn't put my finger on before!)

-He is really, really cute. The evidence is available on our Picasa photo site. And no, not all babies are cute. But he is. (I assume this is from his mother's genetic endowment.)

-He will be a runner, or at least a football player (true football, not the American version). This is based on the fact that he came out kicking, literally. And also that he squirms and whines about being wrapped too tightly. And because he got my amazing running genes. (Who am I kidding? No, I didn't think anyone.) Also note that when my father reached over to point out Brooks-running-shoe-worthy feet, Jackson lifted his right foot and displayed it for the camera. There is videotape evidence of this. Enough said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on bringing another Yankees fan into the world. I'm sure he was crying because the Red Sox were about to win.

Danielle said...

You are absolutely hilarious. I loved this post! Keep writing. I check you blog all the time, and it's on my favorites toolbar, so it's pretty special... right up there with e-mail, Baylor cycling, and facebook!